This is a great quality, easy to build, dual single-coil electric bass kit. These kits go together easily, all the parts work together well, and the instrument can be assembled without a lot of experience with woodworking or instrument building.
If you choose, every hole is drilled for each component, including neck, bridge, pickups, pickguard and strap button mounting holes. If you choose, there will be no soldering required; all electronics connect together with easy to attach connectors. We have done most of the hard work for you! The body is well sanded out of the box, but will need light sanding before finishing; no filling should be required.
The bass kit comes with chrome hardware, a Gotoh bridge, Goto tuners, a white pickguard, two single coil pickups, and all necessary screws and hardware. A set of strings and a cable are even included. This is not a cheap Chinese manufactured kit of questionable quality where the parts simply don’t work together (like many of the other kits that you will find on Ebay, Etsy and Amazon). We proudly manufacture these kits in our shop in Portland, Oregon. We are a family-owned company building products and traditions that we expect to last for a long, long time. We produce instrument kits with exacting specifications, high quality production, and domestic, sustainably-cultivated sources of materials whenever possible.
- Traditional shape and neck profiles
- Solid alder body
- Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- Two traditional single coil pickup configuration
- 3-way switch, dual volume and tone control.
- High quality Gotoh GB2 tuners with traditional knob styling, 26:1 ratio. Good tuning stability and great looking
- (Optional) No soldering required; simple snap together connectors (optional pickups are not prewired/soldered)